- Recognizing that someone needs a hand (can be as simple as reaching something from a high shelf) can truly make their day easier. But how does that help you be more grateful? You can be grateful for growing tall.
- By being kind and generous to others, you create a greater sense of connection that generates a more positive outlook on life. You feel better about yourself.
- What kind of blessings have I received lately? How can I show my gratitude for those blessings? Is there someone who deserves a thank you note from me?
- Being able to say thank you for the small things helps you to shift your focus from life's challenges to life's pleasures. This way, your mind expands and supports you in finding solutions and ways to get unstuck and move forward.
- Changing your perspective is the best way to re-frame negativity. Remember that everything in life comes in the form of duality. Most things are not purely good or bad. Look at the goodness and benefits in your current struggles and try to learn from them.
- Negative thoughts only have the power to hurt you if you let them.
- To start a gratitude journal all you need is a few moments of undisturbed time, willingness to reflect, and a way to capture your thoughts (notebook, phone, laptop).
- You can start by reflecting on the following questions: What experiences in my life can I be grateful for? What happened lately that makes me feel thankful? What opportunities do I have today? What have the significant others in my life done that I am grateful for?
- Writing helps you to organize thoughts, process information and experiences, and supports you in accepting your challenging times by putting them in context.
Share/Comment & Subscribe
I hope you enjoyed this article. Please leave a comment or share it to help someone else through their journey with change. Is it time for you to pivot? Change can be difficult, but you don't have to walk that path alone.
Get your 7-day journal workbook when you subscribe to our monthly newsletter - "Embracing Change - Pivoting with Purpose." Each newsletter brings affirmations, helpful tips, tools, & more.