- Make a list of goals you want to achieve, and then commit to following through. Thinking about what you want instead of what you regret in the past. This will help you focus on the present.
- If you want to be less caught up in regret, you have to start examining your fears. Some excuses like lack of time to pursue a goal or not meeting the right people may stem from something much more profound.
- Uncovering the root of your fears means learning to accept them, and once you do that, you'll be in a much more positive mental space.
3. Try going with the flow. We all get in a rut from time to time. We may think we know what we want, but we get stuck in the same routine repeatedly. The result is living in the past, rehashing past mistakes and feeling miserable. But there's no point in living in the past.
- The past is in the past, and the future is a mystery. So, what do we have control over? We have control over our present moment. Going with the flow doesn't mean facing life without a plan. It means letting go of the need to control everything.
- We live in a world where social media and technology rule our lives. These have a negative psychological effect on us. Try not to be a slave to technology and let yourself take a break from social media.
- Don't allow the negative voices in your head to overshadow the positive ones. Be grateful for what you have in your life and let go of anything that is not serving you positively.
Living in the past or living in regret is something we all do. If you've let regrets get the better of you, it's time to change. There are many ways to live your best life, and one of them is by making peace with your regrets and embracing the present.
Share/Comment & Subscribe
I hope you enjoyed this article. Please leave a comment or share it to help someone else through their journey with change. Is it time for you to pivot? Change can be difficult, but you don't have to walk that path alone.
Get your 7-day journal workbook when you subscribe to our twice-monthly newsletter - "Embracing Change - Pivoting with Purpose." Each newsletter brings affirmations, helpful tips, tools, & resources, & subscriber-only content.