Hydration refers to the process of maintaining the proper balance of fluids in the body. The human body is made up of about 60% water, and it is important to maintain this balance to keep the body functioning properly. When you are properly hydrated, your body has enough fluid to support vital functions such as circulation, digestion, and temperature regulation.
Dehydration can occur when you don't drink enough fluids, or when you lose fluids through sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting. Symptoms of dehydration include thirst, dry mouth, fatigue, and dizziness. To stay hydrated, it's important to drink enough fluids, especially water, throughout the day.
- Regulates body temperature: Water helps to regulate your body temperature by sweating and panting, which helps to keep your body cool.
- Aids in digestion: Water helps to break down food and helps to move waste through the intestines, which can aid in digestion.
- Lubricates joints: Water helps to lubricate joints and keep them functioning smoothly.
- Boosts skin health: Staying hydrated can help to keep your skin looking healthy and glowing.
- Maintains healthy blood pressure: Proper hydration is important for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- Supports brain function: Water is important for maintaining healthy brain function and can help to improve focus and concentration.
- Promotes weight loss: Drinking water can help to fill you up, which may aid in weight loss efforts.
- Boosts energy levels: Staying hydrated can help to boost energy levels and reduce fatigue.
Stay on Track!
Our Hydration Challenge Tracker is a downloadable resource. It's free and easy-to-use tool that can help you reach your daily water intake targets. The Hydration Challenge Tracker features a beautiful branch design, with individual leaves to mark your progress over the course of 50 days. Simply color in a leaf each day that you successfully drink the recommended amount of water and watch as your progress grows.
- It's readily available: Water is easy to find and inexpensive, making it a convenient option for hydration.
- It's natural: Water is a natural substance that is essential for the body's function. It contains no calories, sugar, or artificial ingredients, making it a healthy choice for hydration.
- It's effective: Drinking water is an effective way to rehydrate the body, as it helps to replenish the fluids that are lost through sweat, urine, and other bodily functions.
- It's inexpensive: Water is typically less expensive than other beverages, making it an affordable option for hydration.
- It has other benefits: Besides helping with hydration, drinking water can also help to flush out toxins, regulate body temperature, and support other important bodily functions.
- Sports drinks: These drinks are typically high in electrolytes, such as sodium and potassium, which can help to replace fluids and electrolytes lost through sweat during physical activity.
- Coconut water: This natural, low-calorie drink is high in electrolytes and can be a good option for hydration.
Share/Comment & Subscribe
I hope this article has been informative and thought-provoking for you. If you know someone who is going through a period of change, please pass it on or leave a comment to offer your own insights. Remember, seeking support can make all the difference in overcoming obstacles.
If you're looking for guidance and support as you navigate changes in your life, consider subscribing to our monthly newsletter. "Embracing Change - Pivoting with Purpose" is a valuable resource that provides a 7-day journal workbook, helpful tips, and affirmations that will inspire you to move forward. In addition, our subscribers have access to a variety of exclusive resources that can help them achieve their goals.
15 thoughts on “Hydration Is Key In Your Healthy Habit Equation”
Good post on hydration, Angel. I’m sure many of us don’t think about how water/ fluids keep our bodies functioning and in balance. This is a good reminder.
Thank you for such a detailed post about the need for hydration. When I’m on a long walk, I think about how much water I need. And then I try to plan my bathroom breaks, which are in short supply. There is always that conflict between staying properly hydrated and not having enough places to visit a bathroom!
Water is about the only thing I drink! Bake in 2020 I went on a healthy eating plan, no more sweet tea, I would always have a large cup everyday until I realized I was drinking a cup of sugar! I went cold turkey on that and started added fresh/frozen fruit to my water. Now I’m happy with just water and don’t even miss the sweet tea!
I was doing good at drinking water but here lately I’ve been struggling. Which is hindering me with my diet. So your post came at the right time to kick start my water drinking. Have a nice week and I look forward to seeing were the #UBC takes you. Have a nice day.
Thank you for sharing this informative post about the importance of hydration. It’s clear that proper hydration is essential for maintaining good health and well-being, and it’s good to know the various benefits of staying hydrated. It’s also helpful to know that water is the best choice for hydration, but that other options such as sports drinks and coconut water can also contribute to hydration. It’s important to be mindful of our fluid intake, especially during times of increased activity or in hot and humid conditions, to help prevent dehydration. Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us.
Here’s what an NIH study just revealed
Thanks for adding this great info to the conversation.
I know first hand how important hydration is to my health. If I get dehydrated I tend to have low blood pressure. Thanks for this reminder. I tend not to be thirsty so I need to keep this in mind all during the day.
As a teacher, it’s super hard to stay hydrated during the workday. Plus, there are not many bathroom breaks. Thanks for your helpful tips, ideas, and suggestions. I will try to keep them in mind.
Thanks for this comment. It’s inspired me to find a new way to help.
Great reminder to drink some water and stay hydrated. I’ve always consumed tons of water but I can’t get my husband to adopt the habit. I’ll share this with him as these are great reasons and advice to stay hydrated!
It’s hard for me too. That is one reason I write about it, to motivate myself.
Thank you for such a detailed post about the need for hydration. I have found using the app is so great for keeping me on track with my hydration
Thanks for this helpful and informative post on the importance of hydration. I enjoyed it and learned something new.
Yes! Hydration is so important! Thanks for sharing all this info!